START AGAIN START AGAIN START AGAIN: A PROLOGUE (or: START AGAIN: a prologue) is a story driven RPG where you, Siffrin, are stuck in a time loop for no reason you can find.
You're fine though! Hiding your knowledge from your friends is easy! Fighting the same enemies is easy! Dying to the same final boss over and over again is easy!
You have to make sure your friends don't find out about the super fun times you're having though.
They can't know.
- Finally, a game based on this series of comics I made a while ago!
- ATB based gameplay!
- Four "endings" depending on your choices (as in, as in, four different ways the battle against the final boss can go)! Including one True Ending!
- 3-5 hour playtime!
- Your friends having fun conversations about crabs while youre in the corner on the verge of a panic attack!
- An amazing soundtrack by Thumpy Puppy (Lindar K. Greenwood and Alexandra Baker who both worked on Serre's soundtrack, along with Alice Liston and Sadie Robison)!
- All the characters are queer. It's not important to the story but you need to know.
🕒 CONTENT WARNING: death, suicide, unreality, self harm, gore (visual for half a second, written otherwise), general "wow this sucks im just going on autopilot rn ho ho hee hee ha ha" depression feels. Also drinking alcohol to cope but its easily missable
🕒 NOTE FOR MAC USERS: RPGmaker games don't play nice with macs! START AGAIN: a prologue has a mac version available, but I've been told it doesn't work with M1 models and might be a little shaky on others. You might still be able to play and you'll be able to save but I just want people to be aware! Don't forget to read the HOW TO file that's included in the zip file!
"what is this!"
TLDR: a whole short game baybee!
Long version: I intend to tell this little fella's whole story, but first I wanted to make a demo to figure out the world and characters and how this rpgmaker thing even works. But my hubris has betrayed me once again and this demo is now a full short game with a start middle and end!!! Oh no!!! What luck!!!
You can check out the whole story in In Stars and Time, coming in 2023~!
"heck yeah! "
"not heck yeah actually! i have a bug! "
Please reply to this post and let me know!!!
soundtrack ● artbook ● press kit
twitter ● instagram ● tumblr ● ko-fi ● website